Friday, December 30, 2011

2nd Trimester (Week 13-18)

The Husband has been so good at taking care of me, dropping me off and picking me up after work so I don't have to walk much. Doing the housework that I used to do. I am so dependent on him.

Been looking forward to the 2nd trimester. Cause all the ladies on the internet said the all day morning sickness goes away after the 12th week. They lied! I am still feeling nauseous and gagging all the time at week 14. Not much progress on the weight gain, still 45.5kg at week 14. According to the kidspot.com.au week by week pregnancy weight gain calculator, I should be 47.62 by week 14.

Thank goodness by week 15, the nauseous are gone and I am getting my appetite back. Mum's also back from Beijing, and has already brought back some baby clothes, and some baby blankets, in pink with Piglet from Winnie the Pooh on it. It's pink. Will I have a girl?

By week 16, I am about 46.8kg, which gives some comfort that baby is doing fine. My gosh, can not stop worrying ever since getting pregnant. The exciting thing is that by now I can feel Baby Chen moving around inside me. At first, I wasn't sure, but my ob said I am slender so shes not surprised I can feel the baby at this stage. It's like a butterfly fluttering around inside, and its sucn an amazing feeling! And I've started to show, even my male colleague is excited for me :)

Ate something bad, and caught a stomach bug. Had to take a week off work, cause I need say hello to the toilet bowl every couple of hours for an entire week. Lost almost a kilo and back at 46kg at week 17. #%@^*.

Finally, feeling normal by week 18 and its about time I meet the honeymoon period of pregnancy!


Here I am at week 18


Next week we go for 19th week ultrasound, to check for development of the baby and any abnormalities *fingers crossed* hope everything is ok! and we will find out the sex of the baby. Then I can really start to argue for the name I want with The Husband.

Also, I really need to start exercising.

No comments:

Post a Comment